Nomads Of The North
Why North? We can't do without it. Everything is different here, time flows by in a special way. All that has been precious for you in another place will become useless and in vain here. Testing your maturity, North will make you think about eternal and the most important things in life, and dust and fuss will give way to those… North is also our teacher. All that is good and pure inside you will become the main part of you while you are here, and things will stay like that forever. You will learn to respect work and to keep your word. There will be no place for rudeness in the North but there will be plenty of place for strength and faith. Faith in your land, your family and in your Self.
You can see our short VIDEO from Yamal.
Day 1 Arriving to Moscow. Checking in. Walk the city. Short brief during the dinner to discuss out further itinerary. (//D)
Day 2 Transfer to the airport. Arriving to Salekhard. Transfer to hotel. Checking inn. Local museum with English speaking guide. (B//)
Day 3 4WD transfer to the camp of nomads. It usually takes 4-6 hours to reach the camp. The group will be accommodated in heated choom or chooms of reindeer herders with the family of the Nenets or Comy-Zyryan nomads. Usually 3-4 persons in 1 choom. Dinner (B/L/D)
Day 4 Shooting real life, lifestyle of nomads. (B/L/D)
Day 5 Shooting deer, real life genre and staged footage inside chums and in the open air as well. (B/L/D)
Day 6 Shooting deer, herd and real life genre and staged footage inside chums and in the open air as well. (B/L/D)
Day 7 Transfer to Salekhard. Check in our hotel in Salekhard. (B/L/D)
Day 8 Group transfer to the airport. Departure for Moscow. Transfer to hotel. Checking in. Time to rest. Our unforgettable trip is over.(//)
Workshop Price Includes
- Pick up at Moscow airport Pickup at specified time, drop off may vary according to group flight times.
- Domestic airfare Moscow-Salekhard-Moscow (economy class, cabin luggage 8kg, luggage 23kg)
- Professional photography guidance by award-winning landscape photographer with vast experience in Russia
- Double or tween accommodation in Moscow and Salekhard (we can not provide double or single accommodation while we are in choom)
- Meal according to the program.
- All group transfers according to the itinerary
- Genre and staged shooting assistance
Workshop Price Does Not Include
- International airfare to/from Moscow airport
- Airport pickup and dropoff outside of agreed-upon times
- Visa fee (if applicable)
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tickets, phone calls, etc;
- Travel Insurance;
- Single room supplement (USD600)
- Alcoholic drinks
Price $3800 USD
Group limit 10
Your deposit of $1000 USD will hold your place in this workshop. Further payment of $1500 USD is due by February 20, 2021 Further final payment of $1300 USD is due by May 20, 2021. In case of impossibility of your participation in this tour, we will refund all payments minus the fee for the transfer of money if there is a replacement for your spot.
What to bring
- A digital camera, preferably a DSLR camera with a full-frame sensor, since these cameras have better low-light capabilities. However, a crop-sensor DSLR will also completely suffice. A compact camera can be used, as long as you understand its limitations.
- A sturdy tripod for shooting in windy conditions.
- Recommended: an ultra wide angle lens. For example, a Canon 17-40 on a FF sensor camera, or a Nikon 10-24 on a crop sensor camera.
- Recommended: a wide aperture ultra-wide angle such as the Samyang 14mm f/2.8 for night photography.
- Recommended: a telephoto zoom lens, such as a 70-200 or 70-300 or 100-400. Doesn't have to have a wide aperture or a stabilizer - an f/4 is more than enough.
- Recommended: A camera remote.
- Recommended: High rubber boots or fishing b
- Drone for your video or pictures
- Full thermal gear is essential. I typically wear a thick thermal base layer, a heavy fleece coat and a down coat.
- Good quality warm gloves. It's important to use gloves which enable you to operate the camera while wearing them.
- Thermal long-johns
- Water resistant trousers (preferably thermal)
- Thermal socks. I recommend bringing at least 2-3 pairs.
- A neck-warmer or a scarf
- A good warm hat which covers your ears.
- Highly recommended: thermal, water-proof, knee-high rubber boots or waders for shooting on the shore of river
- Sleeping bag (0-5C Comfort)
Temperatures in Moscow
Day +25C high to +15C low
Night +20 high to +10C low
Temperatures in Salekhard
Day +10C high to +0C low
Night +5 high to -5C low
Professional photographer, guide. In addition to photography and travel, Vladimir conducts professional workshops on post-processing in Photoshop and Lightroom editors, panoramic photography, night landscape photography.
Spending a lot of time travelling, he still manages to take part in some contests.
Here are a few of his latest achievements and awards:
- First place, the National Geographic 2017 Contest in "night landscape" section
- First place, the National Geographic 2017 Contest "Planet Summer"
- First place, 35PhotoAwards International Contest in "day landscape" section
- Bronze Medal, PSA Arctic Awards 2016
- Silver Award, Epson International Pano Awards, 2017
- Golden medal, TRIERENBERG SUPER CIRCUIT 2019
SIGN ME UP