Light and Mist. Photography workshop in Crimea.
Why have we chosen Crimea? Because here we can find an endless variety of landscapes - from the sea coast to mountain chains. Natural beech forests are covered with crimson autumn colours, and autumn night fogs rising from the still warm sea will let us practice shooting "air pics" of different density and transparency which will give us a unique opportunity to show the volume and completeness of the image.
Are you still thinking? Then watch our video "Crimea. Light and Mist". Do you feel like visiting this place and seeing it with your own eyes? We are waiting for you!
Among other things, we have a lot of extra options so that you do not get bored by pure theory and photography, for example:
- wine cellars of the New World and visiting a wine boutique in Balaklava;
- visiting an oyster farm and tasting the freshest oysters in Katsiveli;
- a boat trip and fishing in the sea in Balaklava with lunch on board the ship;
- traditional Tatar cuisine in the best cafes of Crimea and swimming on the Royal Beach;
- and much, much more.
Day 1. Arriving in Moscow. Checking in. A walk around the city. A short briefing at dinner to discuss our further itinerary. (//D)
Day 2. Transfer to the airport. Departure for Simferopol. Transfer to our hotel. Daytime rest. Sunset shooting.(B/L/D)
Day 3. Sunrise shooting. Daytime rest. Sunset shooting.(B/L/D)
Day 4. We check out of our hotel and drive to our next location. Checking in. Evening photography practice. (B/L/D)
Day 5. Sunrise shooting at the top of Demerdzhi. Daytime walk in the beautiful beech forest. Sunset shooting at the top of Demerdzhi. (B/L/D)
Day 6. We will spend this day close to Demerdzhi. It is a really amazing place and we will be exploring its photography potential during the whole day. (B/L/D)
Day 7. We check out and drive to our next location close to Ai-Petri mountain. Checking in. Sunset shooting at the top of Ai-Petri. (B/L/D)
Day 8. Sunrise at the top of Ai-Petri mountain. Daytime rest. Jasper beach will be our location for sunset shooting. (B/L/D)
Day 9. One of the most unique locations in Crimea is the so called Temple of the Sun. We will meet sunrise there. Then we'll drive to Balaklava and walk around the town. Evening shooting at the sea shore. (B/L/D)
Day 10. It is our spare day in the trip, so we will spend it the way we want. We can go back to our previous location or on an excursion to another place. Up to us.
Day 11. Breakfast. Group transfer to the airport of Simferopol. Departure for Moscow. Transfer to the hotel. Checking in. Time to rest. Our unforgettable tour and Crimea photography workshop is over. (B/L/D)
Workshop Price Includes:
- Pick up at Moscow airport. Pickup at specified time, drop off may vary according to group flight times.
- Domestic airfare Moscow-Simferopol-Moscow (economy class, hand luggage 8 kg, luggage 23 kg).
- Professional photography and videography guidance by an award-winning landscape photographer with vast experience in Russia.
- Double room accommodation in Moscow and during the trip in Crimea.
- Meals according to the program.
- All group transfers in Crimea in a comfortable 7-seats van.
Workshop Price Does Not Include:
- International airfare to/from Moscow airport.
- Airport pickup and drop off outside of agreed-upon times.
- Visa fee (if applicable).
- Personal expenses, such as: drinks, tickets, phone calls, etc.
- Travel insurance.
- Single room supplement (USD 600).
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Extra activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
Price $2900 USD
Group limit 7
Your deposit of $1500 USD will hold your place in this tour. Further or final payment of $1400 USD is due by July, 17, 2020.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
We strongly recommend you to get a trip cancellation insurance after booking your trip. If you cancel and the tour is still filled, we will refund full amount you have paid minus $200 USD service charge. If you cancel and the tour doesn't fill up you will be refunded according to the following scheme, based on the full fee of the tour:
>180 days before the starting date of the tour: full refund minus $200 service charge
>90 days: 75% refund
>60 days: 50% refund
<60 days: no refund
Attention!!! Due to the current adverse situation, when most countries stop air communication with the outside world, we have changed the payment rules for this tour.
All deposits and payments for this tour will be refunded in full if there is no official information about the opening of the borders and the removal of other restrictions for tourism in the host country – Russia, in this case, – in 30 days before the start of the tour. After these restrictions are removed the old rules will apply.
We are aware of the fact that travel planning has become incredibly difficult. However, we believe that the situation will change until mid-summer 2020.
What to bring
A digital camera and a remote control.
ND filters for clouds and water (6-8 stops).
A spare battery (minimum 1 or 2).
Wide-angle lens 14-24/16-35/15-30. Standard lens 24-105/24-70.
Temperatures in Moscow
Daytime: +15C highest to +5C lowest
Night time: +10C highest to 0C lowest
Temperatures in Simferopol
Daytime: +25C highest to 15C lowest
Night time: +20 highest to +10C lowest
Don't be surprised - these pictures below were taken in October.
Take a couple of warm clothes for yourself. Just in case.
Tour and Workshop Leader
Professional photographer, guide. In addition to photography and travel, Vladimir conducts professional workshops on post-processing in Photoshop and Lightroom editors, panoramic photography, night landscape photography.
Spending a lot of time travelling, he still manages to take part in some contests.
Here are a few of his latest achievements and awards:
- First place, the National Geographic 2017 Contest in "night landscape" section
- First place, the National Geographic 2017 Contest "Planet Summer"
- First place, 35PhotoAwards International Contest in "day landscape" section
- Bronze Medal, PSA Arctic Awards 2016
- Silver Award, Epson International Pano Awards, 2017
- Golden medal, TRIERENBERG SUPER CIRCUIT 2019
SIGN ME UP